Fireground Incident Command- Topeka, KS
March 19 - March 20
The 2020 SCAFFA School will be held March 19th – 22nd in Topeka, Kansas.
Once again, Task Force 1, Inc. is once again honored to be a part of this. We will present Fireground Incident Command on March 18, 2020 form 1- 5 PM and will continue on Friday, March 20, 2020 at 8:00AM concluding at 12:00 PM.
About the program:
The focus of this program is on incident management skills and decision. Without a framework to follow, chaos will ensue. Students will be exposed to the inner workings of a command post. The program includes a didactic presentation, many small group exercises, case study reviews and classroom simulation exercises.
This program is presented in a classroom setting for the sharing of didactic information. It then transitions to interactive group exercises, role plays, class exercises and scenario-based simulation exercises.
The overall goal of this program is to provide the participant with an understanding for the need of a strong, well coordinate command structure for any emergency response.
Upon complete of this course, the students will demonstrate an understanding and show competence in the following areas:
• Effective establishment of command
• The differentiation between strategy and tactics.
• Effective span of control, delegation of responsibilities and sound incident management principles.
• Correct use of incident management principles including groups, divisions and supervisors.
• The importance of ongoing documentation of an incident related to objectives, benchmarks, tactical use of resources and personnel.
• The effective applications for the use of incident command teams for all incidents based around available local resources.
Lead Instructor: Ron Richards, Task Force 1, Inc.
– Class descriptions, schedule and instructor information
– Dates and Times of Classes only. Locations will be posted in the Ramada Atrium
– You must log in to the KU Fire Rescue Training Institute Website to register. If you do not have a login, click HERE to view instructions on creating one.
PAY (Opens new window)
– Payment can be made online by clicking the link, mailed cash or check, payment over the phone with Emily at 785-478-4053, or you may pay any method in person at the SCAFFA School registration table 3/19-22. We can also bill the fire department after the school is over. Any unpaid balances as of 4/1 will be billed directly to the agency you registered under.
– Keynote Presentation by Deputy Chief Billy Goldfeder
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Ramada, 420 SE 6th Ave., Topeka, KS at the rate of $81 for double or single occupancy. It includes a hot breakfast. To take advantage of the special rate, call 785-234-5400 by March 1, 2020, and mention that you will be attending SCAFFA Fire School. After March 5, 2020, room availability and rates cannot be guaranteed.